Hintsa Performance is a leading international provider of wellbeing and human performance services. Hintsa offers medically-led, science-based coaching to improve the life and performance of individuals, teams, and organisations. We are a multinational organisation serving a clientele ranging from Formula One World Champions and top CEOs to executives and employees across hundreds of global companies. Hintsa engages over 100 professionals including performance coaches, doctors and other wellbeing specialists, software designers and developers, as well as sales and marketing professionals. The company is headquartered in Helsinki, with additional offices in Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates. At Hintsa Performance you will have the opportunity to work within a fast-growing company which offers a positive and inclusive work environment designed to encourage personal development and professional growth.
Hintsa Performance has directly contributed to 24 Driver and Constructor World Championships in Formula One alone over the past two decades. The delivery of trackside clinical services by a Hintsa Medical Officer is an integral part of our Performance Coaching programs for teams and drivers. We are currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified doctor to serve our client teams and drivers across several high-profile international motorsport categories. The role may also expand to encompass duties within other elite sports.
Responsibilities will include trackside medical coverage for international motorsport events, including periods of travel for one to four weeks; on-call telemedicine consultations for Hintsa clients between events, pharmacy and inventory management, liaison with clients and technical/medical support for Hintsa Performance Coaches at event venues.
- full Registration with the UK General Medical Council, including an unrestricted licence to practice medicine in the United Kingdom
- a minimum of 5 years clinical experience after completion of basic medical degree. Specialist qualifications, or extended clinical experience (at a minimum of Senior Registrar level) in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Anaesthesia/ICU and/or Sports Medicine.
- current Advanced Life Support certification
- a demonstrated ability to work independently and practice quality medicine within a resource-constrained environment
- emotionally intelligent, client focussed and service-oriented, with the diplomatic awareness and political skill to manage multiple elite clients in a competitive environment
- excellent organisational skills, experience in managing a team is desirable
- excellent interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to work within a multidisciplinary team of doctors, sports scientists and physiotherapists
- excellent English language skills and an unrestricted, clean driver’s licence
- the ability to immediately obtain a UK passport or residency
- familiarity with basic Microsoft Office tools
- willingness and ability to undertake extended travel commitments
Qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in one or more of the following domains would be an advantage, but are not essential: musculoskeletal therapies, clinical trauma services, diagnostic ultrasound, travel medicine, previous participation in motorsport trackside trauma/rescue services, previous experience working within an international-level sports environment, additional language skills.
United Kingdom, with worldwide travel.
The role will begin during the current 2022 motorsport season on a substantial part-time UK contractor basis, with the possibility of full time arrangement.
Please send a pdf copy of your Curriculum Vitae, accompanied by a cover letter which succinctly addresses the criteria above (maximum 150 words), by midnight Sunday, 5th June 2022, to: email@example.com.
Please confirm within your cover letter that you are independently eligible to work as a contractor in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, Hintsa cannot offer assistance with employer sponsorship or any other UK visa or residency arrangements for this role. Please do not apply if you cannot meet this requirement.
For any further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.